ARCHIVE AUGUST 21, 2018: A Chat With Nathan And Adam of the Loyal Company of the River Valley Podcast
**originally posted on Win Column Sports** This was shortly after FC Edmonton and the CPL announced their union. It interesting to re-watch that video 16 months later.
I asked Nathan and Adam the questions below which all target the issue of drawing more fans into Clarke Stadium and put the video on YouTube. You know why? Because the excitement of soccer needs to be seen and heard!
1) Edmonton is not known as a soccer town. The premature announcement of the death of FC Edmonton brought out the cynics. The rise of the YEG4CPL movement silenced (for now) a few cynics as it led to the return of the Eddies. Please explain your role in the movement.
2) By my use of the word soccer and not football you can tell I’m not really a soccer guy. Yet I became a Rally Rabbit and put down a season deposit based on my few experiences catching a game. If you worked for the Eddies, how would you promote the team?
3) I would promote the atmosphere but again, I’m not really there for the soccer. For the soccer snobs who relegate themselves to The Premier League or La Liga, how do you get those folks to catch a game?
4) The new Canadian Premier League, their will be fan buses to Calgary. That alone sold me on the this league over the almost now defunct NASL. Describe the excitement behind the battle of Alberta now having a soccer edition?
CLICK PLAY FOR THE ANSWERS (this video and more is on "my channel" – – >
Comments
Post a Comment